CSIRO offers science programs and resources for schools and special events around Australia and a range of at home science for all ages.
CarbonKids is a program for schools committed to tackling climate change. The educational resources offer a range of ideas and activities for the early, primary and middle years of schooling and enable students to achieve outcomes set out in State and Territory curriculum frameworks.
The units and complementary materials have been developed to assist students in developing an understanding of:
- climate change and its impact on society and environments
- the interrelationship between the greenhouse emissions, the environment and our society
- how to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in schools and local communities
- the role of forest biodiversity and biosequestration in addressing climate change
- how to adopt a sustainable lifestyle and take action to tackle climate change